Zek is a fantastic developer and is amazingly talented. There didn’t seem to be anything he couldn’t do that we requested for our website. He is also fast, has GREAT attention to detail when it comes to copy edits, brand guidelines and even predicting issues or conflicts before they might happen. Would love to work with him again.
Zek was one of the easiest, most communicative, and technically-savvy developers we’ve worked with thus far. He is definitely atop my list for future projects especially those with high complexity, visibility, or time crunch.
The new Food From The Heart website has delivered on many levels, in terms of design, usability and on our long-term goals. It represents our core message perfectly; it helps individual and corporate volunteers navigate our volunteering opportunities and facilitates fuss-free registrations. We love it, and many volunteers have told us they do too. Not only have we seen increased online donations, we’re also seeing interest grow from the kind of users we previously weren’t so effective at attracting.
Food From The Heart
A holistic web presence for a growing charity to capture more hearts
- User onboarding: we increased the likelihood of visitors becoming donors and volunteers by crafting low-friction paths.
- Process automation saves hundreds of man-hours per year by enabling volunteers to manage their involvement through the Volunteer Portal.
- Solid & secure: with Test-Driven Development, HTTPS, 24/7 server monitoring and hourly backups, it's built to last.
Crafting a high-performance backend for a startup disrupting the internet infrastructure marketplace
- Test-Driven Development allowed us to iterate rapidly with minimum technical debt, and later ensured a smooth handover process.
- Designing a consistent and predictable API: the backend had to provide an interface that allowed the frontend team to develop with speed.
- Performance: as the dataset grew, we faced bottlenecks in the frontend, application and database layers, and we used caching to ensure fast responses.
- Solid DevOps: the servers were set up to be secure and reliable by implementing HTTPS, SSH passwordless logins, and 24/7 monitoring.